Bible Verses about Death

Find comfortingBible Verses virtually death in our listing of Scriptures below. Receive guidance, strength, and encouragement past reading passages near death and related topics such every bit loss, grieving, and heaven. No ane may be able to understand the gaping hole of loss that you feel, but God's Word is able to bring unexplainable peace if you allow Scriptures to speak into your center and mind. Whether expiry comes every bit a sudden shock or something we have been prepared for, nothing tin can ease the pain like the promise-filled words of the Bible. God is longing to comfort y'all in your grief and loss, come up to Him and let His inspired Word to speak life and healing over your broken heart.

No affair what phase of grief you lot are in, God wants to walk alongside yous. He won't push y'all to motion faster or to move on, He will guide you and requite you forcefulness for each step. We serve a God who sent His son to take victory over decease. Through faith, we can take steps of healing the grief and broken heart. May these Bible verses almost death and loss bring you lot condolement and peace.

  • Bible Verses Near Decease to Comfort
  • Encouraging Scriptures About Death and Hope
  • Bible Quotes About Decease and Healing From Loss
  • A Prayer Over the Death and Loss of a Loved Ane

Bible Verses Most Decease to Comfort

John 3:sixteen - For God and then loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

ane Thessalonians 4:14 - For since we believe that Jesus died and rose once again, even so, through Jesus, God volition bring with him those who accept fallen asleep.

John 11:26 - And everyone who lives and believes in me shall never dice. Exercise you lot believe this?

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death, only the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Psalm 23:4 - Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fright no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Revelation 21:4 - He volition wipe away every tear from their optics, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.

Romans fourteen:eight - For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. And so then, whether nosotros live or whether nosotros die, we are the Lord's.

Ecclesiastes 12:seven - And the dust returns to the world every bit information technology was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Luke 23:43 - And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you volition be with me in Paradise."

Use this free PDF of Bible Verses for Faith in Hard Times to continue a love for God and neighbor in your heart!

Encouraging Scriptures About Death and Hope

Matthew 10:28 - And practice not fearfulness those who kill the torso but cannot kill the soul. Rather fearfulness him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

John 11:25-26 - Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, however shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never dice. Do you believe this?

John 14:1-4 - "Allow not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Male parent's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to ready a place for you? And if I go and prepare a identify for you, I volition come up again and will take you to myself, that where I am yous may be also. And you know the way to where I am going."

Psalm 146:4 - When his jiff departs, he returns to the earth; on that very 24-hour interval his plans perish.

Ecclesiastes nine:5 - For the living know that they volition die, merely the dead know nothing, and they have no more than advantage, for the retentivity of them is forgotten.

1 Corinthians fifteen:26 - The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

two Corinthians 5:half dozen-eight - So we are always of good courage. Nosotros know that while nosotros are at home in the body nosotros are away from the Lord, for we walk by religion, non by sight. Yep, we are of good courage, and nosotros would rather be away from the torso and at home with the Lord.

Hebrews 9:27 - And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and afterward that comes judgment

Bible Quotes About Death and Healing From Loss

Ecclesiastes 7:one - A adept proper noun is better than precious ointment, and the twenty-four hour period of expiry than the solar day of birth.

1 Corinthians 15:51 - Behold! I tell y'all a mystery. We shall not all sleep, merely nosotros shall all be inverse

Psalm 115:17  - The dead practice not praise the Lord, nor do any who go downwards into silence.

Psalm 73:26 - My flesh and my heart may fail, merely God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Job 14:14 - If a man dies, shall he alive once again? All the days of my service I would wait, till my renewal should come.

Romans five:12 - Therefore, just equally sin came into the earth through one man, and death through sin, and and then death spread to all men considering all sinned

2 Corinthians v:8 - Yes, we are of skilful backbone, and we would rather be away from the body and at abode with the Lord.

Romans 8:38-39 - For I am sure that neither expiry nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come up, nor powers, nor top nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to carve up us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ezekiel 18:32 - For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord God; so plow, and live."

Revelation 14:13 - And I heard a phonation from sky saying, "Write this: Blessed are the expressionless who die in the Lord from at present on." "Blessed indeed," says the Spirit, "that they may balance from their labors, for their deeds follow them!"

Psalm 116:15 - Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.

A Prayer Over the Death and Loss of a Loved Ane

Dear God, I cry for those of u.s. left behind, for the lonely ones with hollows in our hearts. I ask Yous to comfort united states, give peace, restore hope, and lavish the states with love, family, and belonging. In the depths of loss, encounter u.s.a. with Yourself.

I cry for the legacy this loved i leaves in expiry, for the ways the world has been made dissimilar by their presence, for the memories that become both more cute and more painful on this side of decease. And I pray that the piece of work Y'all accept accomplished in this remarkable life will grow deeper, wider, and stronger in the days to come, uninhibited by a weak opponent like decease. - Gregory Cole